SECURITY OFFICER TRAINING
Level 2 Award for Security Officers in the Private Security Industry
Who requires this qualification?
Any business conducting guarding activity to secure a building or site may need trained security staff qualified as security officers who hold an SIA licence. A level 2 award for security officers in the private security industry qualification is required by law for an individual to apply for an SIA licence to work as a security guard.
What does this qualification cover?
- the main characteristics of the private security industry
- the importance of safe working practices
- roles and responsibilities of security officers
- issues and procedures relevant to the role of a security officer
- how to conduct effective search procedures
- queue management
- problem-solving techniques when resolving conflict
How long will it take me to achieve this qualification?
This qualification is usually achieved by taking a 4-day course including self-study
This qualification is assessed by practical assessments and multiple-choice examinations.
QUALIFICATION NUMBER: 603/5536/0
Free online learning – required prior to any Security course
NaCTSO – Counter Terrorism Awareness