QUALIFY AT HOME: HEALTH AND SAFETY LEVEL 2
Multiple Choice Question Examination
20 questions that must be completed within 45 minutes.
minimum pass mark of 60%.
REGULATED BY: OFQUAL
WHO REQUIRES THIS QUALIFICATION?
This qualification has been designed specifically for those individuals who are required to have a basic knowledge of health and safety practices that are essential in the workplace. It is also ideal for those entering the workplace for the first time or looking to progress in an organisation.
QUALIFICATION OVERVIEW AND OBJECTIVE
This qualification is designed to provide learners with knowledge of the basic health and safety practices essential in the workplace.
The objective of the qualification is to:
- prepare learners to progress into further/higher level training
- Support a role in the workplace
The qualification provides learners with an understanding in the responsibilities of employers and employees, the benefits of good health and safety, steps to a risk assessment and how they can reduce accidents, near misses and ill-health, typical hazards and controls in a workplace, common causes of accidents, near misses and ill-health, emergency procedures and the importance of recording accidents, near misses and ill-health
WHAT DOES THE QUALIFICATION COVER?
- the duties and responsibilities of employers and employees
- the benefits of good health and safety in the workplace
- the process of risk assessment
- hazards and controls in the workplace
- responding to accidents, near misses and ill-health in the workplace
- emergency procedures
- the importance of reporting accidents
To register for this qualification, learners are required to meet the following entry requirements: be 14 years of age or above