Working in Confined Spaces
IIRSM & CPD Approved
This course will cover the legislation associates with working in confined spaces. What counts as a confined space, the potential hazards, safe operating procedures, emergency procedures and rescue.
Important note: This is an awareness course only, designed for people who need to be aware of the hazards and risks of confined space working but are not required to enter a confined space. If you are required to perform any work activity in, or in the proximity of, a confined space then you will also need to have an ‘approved’ standard of practical training at the ‘appropriate’ level.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognise the key legislation and its application to working in a confined space.
- Understand the dangers of working in a confined space and identify the hazards involved.
- Define and state the safety procedures that can use to reduce the risk associated.
- Apply and evaluate the communication methods needed and the emergency procedures that need to be followed.
- Remember the importance of the paperwork involved, so as to follow legal obligations
|Course||Module Number||Module Name||Pass % Required|
|Working in Confined Spaces||1||The Law||70|
|Working in Confined Spaces||2||Confined Space and the Dangers?||70|
|Working in Confined Spaces||3||The Work at Height Regulations||70|
|Working in Confined Spaces||4||Communication, Emergencies and Paperwork||70|
- Browser: Up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 25 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).