Book this course now
Contact us for group bookings
Handcuff - Carecuff Training Level 2 (endorsed)
- This handcuff level 2 program is suitable for those involved in
- Security Guarding
- Door Supervision
Event safety and Security
- Or you currently work and are employed where the use of a mechanical restraint would be required to be applied, IE: Custody Officer.
- The aim of the course is to teach delegates within the guide-lines and the law, the correct use of Handcuff techniques appropriate to non-compliant and violent individuals and to provide a competent physical intervention training programme for staff that are expected to engage in physical intervention and Handcuffing as part of their employment. And to provide a basic understanding of the law supporting the use of the application of Mechanical Restraints/Handcuffs.
- To allow the delegate to practice Handcuffing techniques in a controlled environment and to instruct the delegate on the following knowledge and skills
- The Law in relation to the use of applying Handcuffs
- The various appropriate technical physical skills required for the competent application of Handcuffs including appropriate methods of restraining, holding still and containing a person in an ethical but compliant manner
Explain the risks associated with the use of Handcuffs for the purpose which is used in physical intervention and the application of a Mechanical Restraint
Highlighting the Medical Implications involved in the use of Handcuff use
- Course Content
- This course comprises of both a theoretical training and practical elements. The theory sessions include current and relevant guidelines, our instructor's personal experiences, best practice and legislative guidance, these are conveyed in presentations and class discussions to encourage the delegate to interact and learn.