Enquire for next course dates
Contact us for group bookings
SIA Close Protection Training
- Level 3 Certificate for Working as a Close Protection Operative within the Private Security Industry
- This regulated qualification is ideal for anyone wishing to work as a close protection operative as it provides them with the necessary skills and knowledge to apply for an SIA licence.
This qualificati0n is supported by both the Security Industry Authority (SIA) and Skills for Security (SfS). Subjects covered include threat and risk assessment, legislation relevant to the role, walking drills, embus and debus, incident management, surveillance and operational planning.
- How long will it take me to achieve this qualification?
- This qualification is undertaken over a minimum of 12-days and up to 20 days depending on training package purchased.
- How is the qualification assessed?
- It is divided into 3-units and is assessed by the following methods:
- Unit 1: Working as a Close Protection Operative
- Externally set and externally assessed Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) paper with 25-questions, 40-minute duration, 70% pass mark. Externally set and internally assessed open-response questions and internally set and internally assessed practical tasks.
- Unit 2: Planning, Preparing and Supporting a Close Protection Operation
- Externally set and externally assessed MCQ paper with 30-questions, 45-minute duration, 70% pass mark. Externally set and internally assessed open-response questions and internally set and internally assessed practical tasks.
- Unit 3: Conflict Management within the Private Security Industry
- Externally set and externally assessed MCQ paper with 20-questions, 30-minute duration, 70% pass mark.
- Where can this course be taken?
- This course can be taken at Mimas Training's centre in Ipswich, Suffolk or on your own premises if a minimum of 8 Students are booked on.