Enquire for next course dates
Contact us for group bookings
Prevention and Management of Violence and Aggression (PMA)
- 09:00 - 17:00
- Venue Location
- Mimas Training Centre in Ipswich or clients site
- Summery of learning outcomes
- The courses includes the following learning outcomes:
- Unit 1
- Become conversant with the Physical Management of Aggression and Safe
- Compliant physical intervention techniques.
Have an understanding of how to position themselves safely when dealing with patient / visitor conflict situations.
Establish communication and safer holding techniques when working together to resolve acts of physical aggression.
Have an understanding and be able to demonstrate physical intervention techniques to safely resolve aggressive patient
behaviour when required.
Understand the physical intervention is to be used as a last resort in a Health & Social Care environment.
- Unit 2
- Know how communication can be used to solve problems and reduce the likelihood of conflict
- Know the factors that influence human responses in conflict situations
- Know how to assess and reduce risks in conflict situations
- Know how to communicate effectively and de-escalate conflict in emotive situations
- Know good practice to follow after conflict situations
- ASSESSMENT METHOD
- Part one: Competency- practically based assessment of learners.
Part two: Oral questioning by tutor on course learning outcomes covered.
- £500 + VAT per day for up to 12 people for group bookings
£75 + VAT for individual bookings
This can be conducted as an 'In-House' course or an endorsed qualification via HABC