Take this course via eLearning
Contact us for group and classroom bookings
- Level 2 Award Safe Moving and Handling
- This qualification is an introduction to moving and handling activities for those starting work, returning to work or who need specific training in manual handling, as well as being a suitable qualification for refresher training.
Learners gaining this qualification will understand that moving and handling must be carried out correctly and will recognise its importance in ensuring a safer working environment.
Subjects covered include the reasons for safe manual handling, manual handling risk assessments principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety.
- How long will it take me to achieve this qualification?
- The total qualification time for this qualification is 20 hours and of this 10 hours are recommended as guided learning hours.
TQT is an estimate of the total number of hours it would take an average learner to achieve and demonstrate the necessary level of attainment to be awarded with a qualification, both under direct supervision (forming Guided Learning Hours) and without supervision (all other time). TQT and GLH values are advisory and assigned to a qualification as guidance.
- How is the qualification assessed?
- This qualification is assessed in 2 parts.
Unit 1: Part 1 Can be assessed by either of the following methods:
Multiple-Choice Question (MCQ) Examination - Learners must answer a series of multiple-choice questions across the breadth of the course syllabus within a 30-minute time frame.
Learner Assessment Pack - Learners must provide a short response to questions across the breadth of the course syllabus throughout the duration of the course.
Unit 1: Part 2 Is assessed by Practical Assessment.