Level 2 Award for Security Officers in the Private Security Industry
WHO REQUIRES THIS QUALIFICATION?
Any business conducting guarding activity to secure a building or site may need trained security staff qualified as security officers who hold an SIA licence. A level 2 award for security officers in the private security industry qualification is required by law for an individual to apply for an SIA licence to work as a security guard.
WHAT DOES THE QUALIFICATION COVER?
• the main characteristics of the private security industry
• the importance of safe working practices
• roles and responsibilities of security officers
• issues and procedures relevant to the role of a security officer
• how to conduct effective search procedures
• queue management
• problem-solving techniques when resolving conflict
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE ME TO ACHIEVE THIS QUALIFICATION?
This qualification is usually achieved by taking a 4-day course including self-study
This qualification is assessed by practical assessments and multiple-choice examinations.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.